2020 has proved that it isn’t good to put all your eggs in one basket. Solid businesses should have strong online and offline components. It’s the only way to successfully pass through a crisis.
We aren’t qualified to offer suggestions for your brick and mortar business, but we can share our vision of building a business website with Rife theme. The process of building a business website isn’t carved in stone—it depends on the type of business, the customer profile, the economic context, and so on. Hence, you should adapt our vision to suit your particular project.
How to Create a Business Website
The same as other types of websites, you build a business website by either hiring a specialized design agency or doing it yourself (DIY). Chances are that you will get a better website by hiring a team of experts, but you’ll have to pay serious money for these services.
Conversely, you create your business site yourself. It’s not a simple job, but you are qualified to do it if you have basic WordPress skills. It’s not about your skills and knowledge but about your desire and patience. This guide is the perfect start to create a business website from the comfort of your home.
Creating a Business Website: The DIY Method
It takes time and nerves to set up a business website. Even experts face big problems, so you shouldn’t feel disappointed if you encounter issues—it is the norm, not the exception.
WordPress is the go-to tool for most entrepreneurs, so we’ve focused entirely on it in this guide. Of course, many other content management systems are suitable for business websites. Ultimately, you get to choose which tools to use for your business, but we strongly recommend WordPress.
Let’s dive into the DIY method for creating a business website with Rife theme.
Secure a Domain Name
Not everyone knows what a domain name is or what it does. The domain name is what people type into the browser URL bar. In most cases, it’s pretty safe to assume that the domain name is the same as the business name. For instance, our home page URL is https://apollo13themes.com, and the domain name is apollo13 themes.com. “.com” is the domain name extension. There are many other options, such as “.co,” “.uk,” “.org,” and “.io, but “.com” is the most common.
The domain name (and, therefore, the business name) should be
- Catchy. We thought that “apollo13” sounded cool enough for people to remember us.
- Relevant. We sell WordPress themes. The name apollo13themes give you a hint that we are deeply connected to the WordPress theme industry.
- Memorable. Short domain names are simple to remember. Strive to find an easy-to-recall business name.
Domain name registrars sell domain names. Usually, a domain name costs between $10 and $30 a year. However, some domain names may cost more, and a few of them cost a fortune. Business.com cost $345 million, LasVegas.com $90 million, and Internet.com $18 million.
Luckily, many helpers will assist you in securing the proper domain name for your business. Domain Wheel is an ad-free solution. Just type one or more words about your business or the desired term for your business name into the search bar, and you’ll get a huge bunch of solutions.
Find a Host
A website consists of a plethora of files that are hosted on a server. The site is merely available to users.
Don’t set up a server for your website yourself. It takes a lot of time and requires advanced networking skills. Many hosting companies are ready to store your site files in secure conditions. All you have to do is to find the proper type of hosting and the optimal subscription plan.
The server that hosts your site’s files plays a key role in the success of the business. Uptime is the amount of time a website is online. Ideally, it should be 100% (that is, it never crashes or goes offline), but in practice, it will be around 99.9% because the server needs to be updated periodically. Uptime is an indicator of a business’s professionalism. You can’t call yourself a reliable partner if your site is frequently offline.
Performance is another aspect to consider when looking for a host. Nowadays, speed is everything, and you have no choice but to run a blazingly fast site. The host’s performance impacts the hosted sites’ performances.
Finally, you can’t ignore security, so review the host’s previous activity. A hosting provider with multiple security breaches should raise a big question mark.
Cloud hosting is the most promising method of storing the site’s files. It ensures great scalability, enhanced security, and great performance. Dedicated hosting essentially means renting a server. It comes with superior performance and security, but also a pricing tag that isn’t for every budget. Shared hosting is the cheapest option, but you get limited performance and security in return.
Purchasing the proper hosting services isn’t simple. Luckily, there are plenty of hosting companies that offer multiple pricing plans. On top of that, experts have written tons of complete reviews of hosting providers.
Customize Rife Theme
Once you have chosen your domain name and host, it’s time to install WordPress and the theme. Most hosting providers install WordPress for their customers or provide clear guidance to empower users to do it themselves. Customizing a theme, however, is the exclusive job of the users.
You have plenty of useful features to design a business website with Rife theme. Here are the more important:
- Extensive documentation and professional support. These features don’t directly impact the layout of a website, but users can rest assured that there is documentation to consult when fixing various issues. Also, users are happy when there is someone (a human and not a bot) ready to help them. We strongly recommend checking out the documentation before using Rife. Feel free to contact us anytime you need expert guidance.
- Complete pre-made templates. Customizing a theme takes time because each detail matters. Sometimes, building a website from scratch is a viable option, but it takes more time and resources than simply customizing a template. Using a template is a time-saving alternative.
We value your time, so we created a few beautiful templates for you to use on your business website. Raven is a great demo suitable for agencies, startups, entrepreneurs, and product showcases. You have plenty of pages at your disposal to build a complete site. Features, works, testimonials, and pricing tables are must-haves for any business website, and Raven comes with all these elements.
Decode is another business template that suits modern businesses. It impresses with a modern design and good aesthetics. Similarly, Rebro is suitable for businesses and portfolios. The dark mode contrasts with the red call-to-action button, so it will be instantly noticed by every visitor. If you want to grow your website’s conversion rate, then this contrast works like magic.
- Responsiveness, speed optimization, and clean code. Rife ensures the same great user experience no matter the device or operating system used to access it. We did our best to create a fast-loading theme so that users won’t wait for your website to load. These features wouldn’t be possible without using the latest technologies to develop Rife.
- Countless premium features. Rife packages three main layouts, 15 header types, seven menu effects, 10 preloader shapes, many wonderful web fonts and icons, writing effects, and cool animations. It also includes a media manager, cool options for displaying galleries, and even the option to password-protect galleries.
- Customization options. If you don’t have plenty of customization options, then you risk running a website that looks like many others. That’s not the case with Rife. Each design element is fully configurable, giving you control over each pixel. For instance, you can do anything you want with the header. Start with positioning the logo, then select between full width or narrow content, single out the background color, add a border or shadow, and enable or disable social icons. No doubt, you have everything you need to create a cool business website with Rife theme.
No matter how complex a theme is, your site needs some plugins for extended functionality. You need plugins to cache the site’s files, to improve security, and create backup copies. Also, you need some plugins to better manage images. Installing and uninstalling plugins is a dynamic process, so you can add new plugins as your business evolves.
I hope this guide has helped you create a business website with Rife theme. Building a user-friendly website relies on your skills and takes time. Re-read this post if you encounter a problem. Don’t worry, it’s normal to face issues! Contact us if you need our guidance. We are happy to help!